I’m just looking at the schedule for the Scotland on Rails conference that I’m attending next month.
The schedule says
17:30 – 22:00 Conference venue remains open for BOFs etc.
I had no idea what “BOFs” are, so I looked it up on Wikipedia:
- Buffer Overflow, a type of exploit for certain software bugs
- Balls of Fury, a comedy film
- Balls on Face, or Teabagging, a sexual act
- Balls on Fire
- Baptism of Fire, a soldier’s first experience under fire in battle
- Basic Oxygen Furnace, a furnace used in steel production
- Battalions of Fear, the debut album of Blind Guardian
- beginning of file, the computing term. See also end-of-file
- Best of Five, a question format commonly used in british medical exams
- Best of Friends, Sarah B & Anthony C (see also Baof)
- Biography of Ferns, the Seattle indie band
- Birds of a Feather (disambiguation)
- Board of Finance, a body that reviews local government budgets in USA
- Body-on-frame, an automobile construction technique.
- Boring old fart a term used to describe someone who does not interest you
- The chemical formula of boron oxyfluoride
- Breath of Fire, a video game series
- British Orienteering Federation, the running sport involving navigation with a map and compass
Well, I’m glad that cleared that up! 😉
Some of those suggestions just sound scary.