Fancy starting a new campaign with me? It’s a campaign of collusion for Web designers and it’s really pretty simple, I can’t believe that we’ve not thought of it sooner.
Here’s how it goes: we all agree to completely ignore the existence of Internet Explorer!
That’s it! As simple as that.
It will, of course, lead to conversations like this:
Client: That new site you’ve just designed, it doesn’t work in Internet Explorer
Web designer: Inter.. what?
Client: Internet Explorer. My web browser. Internet Explorer 7. IE7?
Web designer: IE7? Never heard of it.
Client: You must have heard of it. Internet Explorer! It comes installed on every Windows PC.
Web designer: It’s not on mine. Seriously? It’s called IE7? … nope! Really doesn’t ring a bell, I’m afraid. It must be one of those really tiny, unpopular browsers. We don’t support those, there’s no point.
That’s my dream anyway, and has absolutely nothing to do with my spending a week debugging some code in IE6 and IE7 … whatever they are.
What joyous news!
I was just checking my Google Analytics results for this blog and discovered that there are more people using Mozilla Firefox than Microsoft Internet Explorer to view my blog.
For those who can’t quite read the results on the graph above, here is the list of top 10 browsers used to visit my blog during the last month:
Visitors’ browsers (15 May – 16 June 2007)
Google Analytics is a wonderful — and free — tool. If you run a website I urge you to check it out; all you need is a Google account. It shows you how people find your site, how they navigate through it and where they leap out when they do. All very useful stuff when trying to improve your website.
Anyway, thanks to the majority (51.22%) for using Firefox when viewing this site. And to the other 48.78% (apart from Mike using Konqueror and those Mac users with Safari or Camino) I urge you to give Firefox a go.