Did you know that Microsoft Word in Microsoft 365 can check for the following inclusivity biases?
- Age bias
- Cultural bias
- Ethnic slurs
- Gender bias
- Gender-neutral pronouns
- Gender-specific language
- Racial bias
- Sexual orientation bias
- Socioeconomic bias
Here is how to activate these settings.
1. In Microsoft Word, go to File > Options.
2. Click on “Proofing” on the left-hand side.
3. In the section “When correcting spelling and grammar in Word“, scroll down to “Writing Style” and click the “Settings…” button.
4. In the dialog that opens, scroll down to the “Inclusiveness” section and select the settings that you would like Microsoft Word to check for.
5. Click OK to save the settings in Grammar Settings.
6. Click OK to save the settings in Word Options.