This evening I updated a script I first wrote back in March 2014. I wrote about it on the old University of St Andrews web team blog.
The script, which runs in the browser using an add-on such as Tampermonkey, lets you define Trello list titles to search for, and then apply a background colour to it.
It’s not a particular complex script. I daresay it could be optimised further, but it has such a low impact on performance that I’m happy to leave it as it is.
Improvements for v4.0.0 include:
- NEW Add code to allow titles to be case-insensitive (so ‘DONE’, ‘Done’ and ‘done’ are covered with the same rule).
- FIX Make code easier to read and therefore update.
- FIX Add better comments.
- CHANGE Allow titles to be grouped together (in alphabetical order) in the same rule, to prevent a lot of duplicate code.
- CHANGE Change colours to a more cohesive set.
- CHANGE Reorganise rules by colour.
- CHANGE Update UserScript block.
- CHANGE Update license to GNU General Public License v3.0.
- CHANGE Update README.md file to provide more useful information.
Saturday 4 November 2017
I made a further couple of fixes this morning:
- FIX Ensure colour of labels while editing is consistent regardless of background colour. There was a bug in the previous code where you couldn’t read the text while editing dark list titles.
- FIX Scrum for Trello – Ensure list totals are visible on dark lists.
Check out the code on GitHub.