Interesting new video from US thrash metal band Machine Head on the Official Roadrunner Records YouTube channel about the making of their new album, the follow-up to the highly acclaimed “The Blackening”.
The video opens with a clean-sounding arpeggiated-riff and lead singer/guitarist Rob Flynn summing up the album with the following monologue:
I wasn’t really raised with religion and in a lot of ways that’s what this records seems to be symbolising for me: music as religion; music as the thing that’s carried me through the darkest chapters of my life.
It’s carried me through the brightest… the highest highs of my life, and everything in between.
It’s always been there for me.
Today has been a lovely, if exhausting day packed with friends, family and a lot of laughs. A few highlights:
- Waking up at 06:30 and spending an hour in the cuddly company of a very smiley Isaac.
- Washing the car with Reuben and Joshua. There I was on my knees washing a wheel when all of a sudden Reuben’s face appeared round the car. “He he he he!” he laughed before soaking me in the face with the hose.
- Joshua finished washing the gas meter box (a project instigated at his own initiative), stood back and said “Well, that looks lovely!”
- A walk to the pig farm to the east of Cellardyke with Reuben, Joshua, Isaac, Jane and friends Joy and Dusty, during which Reuben and Joshua spent most of their time throwing stones into a rock pool (see photo above).
- Dinner and chat with friends.
I love my children, my wife and my friends. I’d better get to bed: I’m on child-minding duties tomorrow morning again.