Here’s a weird thing. Ever since installing my new webcam (Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 with QuickCam v11.7 software) and after using it for a while, mostly with Seesmic my MP3s play at about 3x or 4x normal speed. They should like a chipmunk band!
I’m still trying to work out what the issue is. Could it be to do with the way that Adobe Flash Player is interacting with the webcam and audio input/output?
Strangely, normal service resumed as soon as I’d closed the Seesmic tab in Firefox and closed down Twhirl (Twitter client).
I’m also not sure what software/drivers I should have installed. It came with QuickCam v11.7 but the download version (for XP) from the Logitech website is QuickCam v11.5. Hmmm…
Saturday 21 June
I’ve just uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and reinstalled it. Everything appears to be working as expected now, which is promising. That may have been the issue … I’ll keep an eye on it.
Friday 27 June
The problem is still continuing, although not as much as previously. It happened again this morning when I fired up WinAmp. However, I’ve discoverd that if I exit from Last.fm that fixes the problem. Not sure what’s going on. Seems to have happened around the time when I upgraded to Firefox 3 and installed the Logitech webcam.
Investigations continue …
Wednesday 02 July
Having lived with this issue over the last couple of weeks, it certainly looks as though the main culprits are Flash player in Firefox 3.0 and Last.fm. The audio in WinAmp just went ‘chipmunk’ again this morning and wasn’t resolved until I did the following:
- Stop WinAmp playing (not exit, just stop)
- Exit Last.fm for Windows 184.108.40.206527
- Start WinAmp playing again
Music returned to its normal tempo. Very odd, rather annoying.
Monday 28 July
I’ve now not experienced the chipmunk audio effect for nearly two weeks now. I found somewhere on the Adobe website that in order to run the Flash uninstaller fully it required a /clean switch:
- Download the Uninstaller
- Open the Windows Command Prompt ( Run > cmd ).
- Navigate to the directory where the uninstaller was downloaded.
- Run “Uninstall Adobe Flash Player.exe /clean.”
After that I reinstalled Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 and all has been well again ever since.