A big fan of Spb Software House, today I decided to check out their Spb Mobile DVD application.
I have to confess that I’ve never really seen the point of converting DVDs to watch on small, pocket devices such as a Windows Mobile PDA/phone.
Until I tried it, of course! Wow! It’s so cool. I can now get entire movies crammed into 200 MB, stuffed in my pocket!
The application is simplicity itself to use:
- Insert DVD of choice
- Run Spb Mobile DVD to begin the wizard
- Select which movie chapter to watch
- Select your settings (format, screen size, screen ratio, etc.)
- Watch it convert (on my Core 2 Quad Q6600 it took only 18 mins for an 86 mins feature film)
- Copy the resulting .avi or .wmv file to your mobile device
I’m using the freeware TCPMP media player for watching the created .avi DivX video.
I think I’m going to have to try some other stuff that I’ve been sceptical about up until now.
Like drugs, the Conservative Party, doilies.