Maplin have a handy converter for sale just now for £24.99:
IDE / SATA to USB 2.0
- Connect your IDE or SATA hard drives externally via a USB port
- Allows you to connect 2.5 inch, 3.5 inch IDE and SATA hard drives
- Includes 3.5 inch to 2.5 inch adaptor, SATA power and data cables
- Complete with PSU
- Compliant with USB 2.0 transfer
Handy for those days that your PC or laptop goes down and you really need to get data off it, asap.
I’d find that particularly useful for 2.5″ laptop drives.
This looks quite good value: UPS 400VA 3-Outlet IEC Socket.
With so many power blackouts recently it may be worthwhile ordering one. Only £29.99.
By the way, that’s Uninterruptible Power Supply not an American parcel delivery company.
This is going to be an interesting morning at work for the following reasons:
- I have a project deadline today
- Yesterday my PC developed a serious hardware fault and now refuses to boot
Hopefully our excellent techie team can magic me up a replacement machine. This will be — I think — my fifth PC since beginning in May 2006. 🙂