Here’s a quick, easy and free application for taking screenshots on your Windows Mobile 5 device: Ilium Software Screen Capture.
As the website says:
Using Ilium Software Screen Capture takes just six simple steps:
- Start the program on your device
- Use the Options menu to define the key you want to press to take your screenshots
- Leave the program open – do not hit the Exit button yet
- Take your screenshots! (If you have sound on, you will hear a camera “click” noise when the screen is captured)
- To stop the program, open it again and hit the Exit button
- Find your screen captures in the My Documents folder on your device
You can easily find out which keys are which in Windows Mobile 5 by going to Start > Settings > Personal tab > Buttons.
On the Xda Orbit I’ve assigned Button 5 (Camera) to Screen Capture, as it seemed most logical to me: it’s for taking a picture!