This month I come to the end of my 18 month contract with O2, so on Friday morning, while in Edinburgh waiting for my train connection to Glasgow, I upgraded my mobile phone from a Nokia 5140i to an O2 Xda Orbit.
Which I imagine in car terms is a bit like going from a Vauxhall Astra to a BMW X5.
The O2 Xda Orbit has the following features:
- Windows Mobile 5.0 (Pocket PC Phone Edition) operating system
- GSM Quad-band (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900) mobile telephone
- Wireless LAN 802.11b & g
- Built-in GPS (Global Positional System) running CoPilot Live
- Integrated 2 megapixel camera
- Micro SD memory expansion slot
- MP3 and Video playback
- FM radio
- … and stuff
I’ve still to set it up properly … not least because I needed to restructure the data in my Outlook Contacts as all my phone numbers had an initial “0” and +4401333310140 isn’t a valid telephone number. Five-hundred and ninety contacts later I’ll soon be ready to sync and install the GPS software which arrived yesterday.
Expect a review soon.