When I typed the word “slow” into stock.xchng this is what I got: an image of fast cars travelling at night!
At last things are improving at Saunders HQ, certainly in terms of my health. My dizziness has almost completely gone and yet I still seem to have about a month’s worth of anti-dizzy pills left, and I had to go back to the chemist today to collect my last seven tablets as they didn’t have enough when I filled my script on Friday (check me out with my pharmaceutical terms!). Are they like antibiotics, do I have to complete the course?
Late this morning I walked into Anstruther. I wanted to see how I was doing on the road to recovery but had to make do with the road to Anstruther! (Boom! boom!) I returned pretty worn out and slept for much of the afternoon. On my bean bag. On the floor in my study. I had intended to sit and read for a bit, and managed about a paragraph before dropping off.
During my amble into town I visited the Anstruther Post Office for the first time (most of these shops are closed when I return from work) and posted my Psion Series 7Book to POS with a kind letter asking them to wave their magic, technological wand over it and make it better. I now officially have never owned a Psion that I’ve not sent to POS to fix. (If that was too many double negatives for you: I have now sent every Psion I’ve ever owned to POS to fix.) I should be more careful in future.
The rest of my day has been spent:
- reinstalling Windows XP on my PC
- evicting flies and wasps from the house
- grinning that we’ve now sold Kadesh (more details tomorrow)
- reading about Search Engine Optimization and the Rule of St Benedict (not in the same book!)
- copying thousands of files from backup DVDs to my new 300 GB hard drive
- stroking Spot (the cat) whom we got back yesterday … and who cost us £735 for that last episode!
- viewing a(nother) house with Jane
- sticking my head in next door’s cement mixer and speaking like Darth Vader
- getting better
and now I’m off to do that sleeping thing again.