Back to work properly in what feels like a month — after getting over the nastiest viral respiratory infection I’ve had for years — and my in-tray is piled 6″ high, with papers and files and letters and stuff!
I’ve got a number of blog entries to finish too, that are lurking in my blog Drafts. Will get to them in due course.
Last night my website, blog and email all went down around 9pm and didn’t come back online until after 2am; but I wasn’t too bothered about it: this one was planned.
Pipex are currently moving the WebFusion servers from their data centre in Nottingham to a new facility in Leeds; (web hosts call this migration). Last night it was time for my shared server to move.
So, welcome to Leeds. A few things about Leeds that I know:
- Headingley cricket ground is in Leeds
- My friend Max was once shot in the head while walking down the road in Leeds
- JRR Tolkien used to be professor of English at Leeds University
- As was Tom Shippey, who wrote a biography of Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien: Author of the Century
- My friend Ged was a city counsellor (Labour) in Leeds
- that’s it.
One good thing is that at least I didn’t get any comment spam for five hours! (Comments are back on, by the way, I added an additional anti-spam trap … which stopped spam comments about poker and viagra for about two days, but instead I got different spam comments for diamonds and rings.)
… ironically, as I was about to post this my server went down again for nearly four hours!