Last night my website, blog and email all went down around 9pm and didn’t come back online until after 2am; but I wasn’t too bothered about it: this one was planned.
Pipex are currently moving the WebFusion servers from their data centre in Nottingham to a new facility in Leeds; (web hosts call this migration). Last night it was time for my shared server to move.
So, welcome to Leeds. A few things about Leeds that I know:
- Headingley cricket ground is in Leeds
- My friend Max was once shot in the head while walking down the road in Leeds
- JRR Tolkien used to be professor of English at Leeds University
- As was Tom Shippey, who wrote a biography of Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien: Author of the Century
- My friend Ged was a city counsellor (Labour) in Leeds
- that’s it.
One good thing is that at least I didn’t get any comment spam for five hours! (Comments are back on, by the way, I added an additional anti-spam trap … which stopped spam comments about poker and viagra for about two days, but instead I got different spam comments for diamonds and rings.)
… ironically, as I was about to post this my server went down again for nearly four hours!